- as strong as Superman?
- trained by the Amazons to become an expert in martial arts, and is easily as skilled as Batman?
- can fly faster than the speed of sound?
- uses her silver bracelets to deflect bullets?
- has a Golden Lasso of Truth that is practically indestructible?
- wears a tiara that can be thrown like a boomerang and is so sharp that it can also be used as a cutting instrument?
- can communicate with animals, and is able to calm the most ferocious beasts?
- is able to use her mind to create countless invisible vehicles, including a jet, a motorcycle, and even a horse drawn chariot?
- can spin in place so quickly that no one can see her change from her civilian clothing into.....
Saturday, June 3rd is WONDER WOMAN DAY! We'll celebrate at the Lanpher Memorial Library from 11:00-12:00 with activities that include:
-photo opportunity with the Wonder Woman cut out
-drawing to win a gift certificate to the Bijou
-design your own t-shirt (PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN PLAIN WHITE T-SHIRT...or buy one from us for $2, sizes will be LIMITED!
In a 1943 issue of The American Scholar,William Marston, the creator of Wonder Woman wrote: "Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."